Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ultras at Arsenal?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ultras at Arsenal?

Re: Ultras at Arsenal? 2 years, 10 months ago #490

Hi Joey, I don't think a loud colourful section at the Grove is necessarily connected with an ultra attitude and megaphones. The main problem would be to get a section where standing and free choice of position is accepted. This would bring an effectual crowd willing to support the team by singing and collective actions with scarfs and flags and choreos. You can see so far the positive effect of collective standing at away games when all gooners are concentrated in only one stand: a better atmosphere and more support compared with most home matches. To have this the club would have to change its ticket policy at the grove. Following the reports of RedAction about talks with club representatives, this is a main point of hesitation. It seems the club is too much focused on security doubts and it will probably take a long time to change minds. The excessive implementation of all the suggestions that the Taylor Report opined after Hillsborough disaster plus hooliganism in the 80th years may be the reason (excessive because the ban of standing sections was a decision of the british government, the Tayor Report didn't generally estimate the standing sections as a security problem). Happy new year !

Re: Ultras at Arsenal? 2 years, 10 months ago #491

• joey7492
  • Fresh Boarder
  • COYG!
I see your point germangooner but unfortunately free choice of position only works when either the whole stadium is free choice, the whole of one stand is free choice (impossible at the Grove as its a bowl design) or there is a separated section that is free choice otherwise it causes issues with people who have designed seats wanting to be in the standing free choice section. I can't see the club separating an area with the stadium either.

Re: Ultras at Arsenal? 2 years, 10 months ago #492

You're totally right, Joey. I don't see the club separating a section for active fans, either. That's what I meant by "the club would have to change its ticket policy" at The Grove. All changements will take time and may only be implemented in a new season to make sure people with designated seats are supposed to move into different areas. I hope RedAction will keep up this issue.

Re: Ultras at Arsenal? 2 years, 10 months ago #493

• joey7492
  • Fresh Boarder
  • COYG!
So you did, my apologies I missed that. Yeah it would be something that they couldn't just start midway through a season. I think it would be possible, if it was tested properly and they had enough stewards. Your right lets hope RedAction continue to raise this idea.

Re: Ultras at Arsenal? 2 years, 9 months ago #512

• johns
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Joey. Any movement on the ultras idea? Sounds interesting...

Re: Ultras at Arsenal? 2 years, 9 months ago #515

• joey7492
  • Fresh Boarder
  • COYG!
Not as far as I know mate. The idea is promising but we really need to try and force it through. This weekend would be the perfect opportunity to maybe try something on a smaller scale to see if it works but without proper organisation I can't see it.
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds
Mailing ListJoin REDaction mailing list FacebookVisit REDaction's Facebook page TwitterFollow REDaction on Twitter RSS REDaction RSS newsfeed ShopREDaction's Shop
REDaction : RSS Newsfeed REDaction : RSS Newsfeed